- Category: February 2015 - Data Driven Marketing
Real-time Marketing is a 20-year-old buzzword by now that has the opportunity of getting revitalized for the first time thanks to today's Big Data methods.
Indeed, trends and customer requirements can be identified and implemented quickly, but to use the full potential of Big Data in marketing, experts advise not to choose only the right technical solutions, but also customized strategies and business models.
The following practical tips are certainty helpful when implementing real-time marketing:
1. Make use of log files, as they contain many important information about page views, utilization and the visitors in general. Hence, they should always be the first point of contact for the analysis of data.
2. Arrange a data lake as it allows bringing all current and future sources of data structure-independently together in a pool, providing an important basis for all following evaluations.
3. Arrange for automation. The degree of automation of the processes is crucial in the data analysis and rapid identification of developments.
4. Optimize navigation. The navigation paths on a website should be adapted dynamically to user behavior and possibly be personalized.
5. Integrate all channels, whether website, email or phone, since the insights of real-time analysis must be used on all communication channels.
6. Link online and offline. The real-time marketing cannot be confined to the online world alone, but must be linked intelligently online and offline.
7. Consider interdependencies. For all analyzes, the elements and policies must be linked across all media to recognize mutual effects and be take into account early.
8. Measure the life cycle. An effective real-time marketing involves ideally the entire life cycle of each customer.