The preparation for SingEx’s inaugural trade conference and exhibition Last Mile Fulfilment Asia (LMFAsia) is in full swing and the countdown is on.
About 1,500 trade attendees, delegates and exhibitors from the Asian region are expected to gather at MAX Atria @ Singapore EXPO on 19th & 20th March 2015.
The show will bring together fulfilment centres, logistics companies, postal agencies, parcel courier companies and technology solution providers to meet with eCommerce companies and retailers to discuss and find solutions to the last mile challenges, forge new partnerships and uncover business opportunities in Asia.
EDB Singapore is supporting the event as a strategic partner for good reasons, as Mr Lee Eng Keat, EDB’s Director of Logistics and Natural Resources explained: “Keeping in mind the growth of eCommerce and the complexity of Asia’s fragmented trade and regulatory landscape, we are building up Singapore’s capabilities in eCommerce ranging from consumer insights to last mile fulfilment. LMFAsia will bring together thought leaders to exchange ideas on the issues and possible solutions for last mile fulfilment in Asia. The event will also allow brand owners to get a better understanding of how Singapore can help them connect to key markets and enhance their competitive edge in the burgeoning Asian market, especially South East Asia.”
To no surprise key industry players have lauded LMFAsia as being timely and relevant, since four key sectors are brought together under one singular platform – eCommerce, retail, logistics and parcel –to maximise the business opportunities within eCommerce in Asia.
Mr Mitat Aydindag, Head of arvato SCM/eCommerce Asia, arvato Bertelsmann, which will be exhibiting at LMF Asia, for instance, said: “All business partners we are talking to have eCommerce as a top priority on their agenda and they are all situated in different stages of development with variety of challenges and hurdles. With our global supply chain network and eCommerce know-how, we support our clients to address and master these challenges, hence, being equipped for growth in this fast moving market. We are excited to be part of LMFAsia to network with other participants and gain insights on their individual challenges and solutions.”
LMFAsia visitors can expect a well-balanced and comprehensive mix of exhibitors to get informed face-to-face by experts about the latest innovative solutions, products and services for the fulfilment and eCommerce ecosystem technology, besides joining the two-day conference that is positioned as the centrepiece of the event for all industry players to come together for exchange of ideas and knowledge sharing. Business matching and networking sessions will be additional key features of the event, providing the platform for new business partnerships and opportunities.
The conference provides a terrific opportunity to all players in the industry to come and learn from industry experts and leading practitioners, such as:
• Magnus Grimeland, Managing Director and Co-Founder of the ZALORA Group, Asia’s leading online fashion retailer
• Mitat Aydindag, Head of arvato SCM/eCommerce Asia of arvato Bertelsmann, a leading international service provider that thrives on digital technology
• Pawoot Pongvitayapanu, Managing Director and Founder of TARAD.com Co., Ltd, which includes ThaiSecondhand.com and TARAD.com the Biggest E-Commerce Service in Thailand
• Paul Srivorakul, Group CEO of aCommerce, a full service end-to-end e-commerce solutions provider in Southeast Asia & Co-Founder & Chairman of Ardent Capital, an early stage internet private capital fund focused on Southeast Asia
• Philips Yu, Chief Operating Officer of LovableCommerce.com, a leading eCommerce enabler that built, operated and maintained over 100 stand-alone eCommerce stores in the Philippines with fully integrated platform, payments and fulfillment systems in a short span of 1 year
• Pierre Poignant, Chief Operating Officer of the pioneering eCommerce company Lazada Group
• Andi S. Boediman, Managing Partner of Ideosource, a venture capital fund focusing on the digital industry, including content, media, e-commerce and cloud services
• Bede Moore, Co-Founder of Vela, Indonesia's leading end-to-end eCommerce services companies
• Bjorn Pardo, Founder and CEO of Xend, an innovator of eCommerce logistics technology in the Philippines
• Hadi Wenas, CEO of aCommerce Indonesia, the biggest end-to-end service provider focus on accelerating e-commerces’ growth
• Robertson S. Chiang, the current President of the Digital Commerce Association of the Philippines (DCOM) and COO of Dragonpay Corporation
• Mui Fong Goh, Partner and Transportation Practice Lead, Asia Pacific, A.T. Kearney
• Ryu Kawano Suliawan, Co-Founder of PT Midtrans
• Miguel Angel A. Camahort, President and Chief Operating Officer of LBC Express
• Misko Kancko, who is responsible for Global Strategy & Development at the Canada Post Corporation
• Carsten Spiegelber, General Manager for System & Automation with SSI Schaefer Asia
Tackle the last mile challenges and find solutions by joining the conference that brings together experts from fulfilment centres, logistics companies, postal agencies and parcel courier companies as well as eCommerce companies and retailers.
By Daniela La Marca