- Category: July 2021 - Mobile Marketing & Analytics
Consumers’ online shopping habits, purchasing behaviors, and expectations have all changed since the onset of the pandemic. With the heightened health and safety expectations, e-commerce is becoming the default choice for shopping.
Branded shopping days such as Shopee’s 11.11 Big Sale campaign in Singapore now see month-long spikes in promotional offers and revenue compared to just a single day. According to a recent forecast from Adobe Analytics, global e-commerce is expected to hit USD$4.2 trillion in 2021, while the e-commerce market in Singapore is projected to reach USD$2.97 billion in the same year, demonstrating that the digital economy is continuing to grow.
However, leveraging the growing e-commerce industry for business growth requires brands to put quality first-party data at the center of their customer acquisition and engagement strategy.
The challenge is to achieve this with only the information customers choose to share.
To help brands and retailers across all industries succeed in their first-party data strategies, Adobe has announced several new capabilities in Adobe Experience Cloud to help brands across all industries, including retailers, to succeed in their first-party data strategies, deliver more personalized customer experiences at scale, and effectively prepare for peak sales periods. Perfect for the upcoming holiday shopping season.
New Adobe Experience Cloud innovations include:
- Adobe Experience Platform Segment Match – Integrated into Adobe Real-time Customer Data Platform (CDP), Adobe Experience Platform Segment Match (beta) lets brands collaborate to expand their own first-party data sets through partnerships.
For example, a hair products retailer may partner with a skincare brand to exchange non-sensitive segment data about their matching customers, like the type of hair accessories that a subset of their customers is buying so that the skincare brand can recommend products for those groups. The non-sensitive customer data can only be referenced when the customers for both brands permit them.
- Enhanced Adobe Experience Platform Insights – Adobe Experience Platform now offers new capabilities to streamline the data collection process and enable more actionable insights. With the general availability of these features directly integrated into Adobe Real-time CDP, companies will receive a daily delivery of crucial insights such as audience growth trends and customer growth analysis such as which channels drive the most engagement.
- Adobe Journey Optimiser with Adobe Experience Manager Assets Essentials – The competition for shoppers’ attention increases exponentially during busy shopping periods, as seen from Lazada and Shopee’s competitive price discounts during the 11.11 period. It is critical for retailers vying for shoppers’ attention to get the customer experience right at every stage of the buyer’s journey.
Available today, Adobe Journey Optimizer helps companies from all industries design, orchestrate, and intelligently deliver personalized messages and promotions based on real-time customer data. Multiple data types, including behavioral and transactional, are combined with AI and machine learning so retailers can proactively address customer needs in real-time.
- AI-powered Live Search for Adobe Commerce – Buyers expect to quickly find what they are looking for, especially when it comes to online shopping. Shoppers who utilize the search function on a storefront are up to four times more likely to transact. With the availability of Live Search powered by Adobe Sensei, Adobe Commerce merchants can now provide their shoppers with relevant and personalized search-as-you-type results. (Source: Adobe)