- Category: June 2018 - Mobile & Video Marketing
Salesforce announced new innovations across marketing, commerce and service enabling brands worldwide to deliver smarter, more personalized and connected customer experiences. In addition, Salesforce and Google continued to deliver on their strategic partnership with new integrations between Salesforce Marketing Cloud and Google Analytics 360 becoming available. Salesforce is showcasing these innovations and more at Connections, where top brands gather to learn how they can deliver next-generation customer engagement.
According to the recent Salesforce State of the Connected Customer report, 80% of customers say that the experience a company provides is as important as its products or services, and 57% have stopped buying from a company because a competitor provided a better experience. Yet companies struggle to keep pace with customers’ expectations for smarter, faster and always-on experiences, which are driven by the role disruptive new technologies play in their daily lives. In the Fourth Industrial Revolution, every interaction on every channel is a “make or break” moment where brands will either strengthen that relationship or further the divide.
“The easiest, smartest and most connected digital experience sets the bar for everything else, and every company's success depends upon its ability to keep up with rising customer expectations," said Bret Taylor, President and Chief Product Officer, Salesforce, proud that his company empowers brands worldwide with a trusted and proven platform to put the customer at the center of every digital engagement.
In fiscal 2018, Salesforce powered nearly two trillion B2B and B2C transactions across sales, service, marketing, commerce and more. Now, the world’s #1 CRM platform presents its new approaches to deliver smarter engagement across every customer touchpoint.
New integrations between Salesforce Marketing Cloud and Google Analytics 360 transform marketing effectiveness
The integrations between Marketing Cloud and Analytics 360 empower marketers to deliver meaningful consumer experiences, since both industry-leading offerings provide valuable insights vital to understanding the consumer. Now, marketers can more efficiently bring those insights together without IT involvement, empowering them to build more effective marketing campaigns around every consumer, notably:
- Consumer insights from both Marketing Cloud and Analytics 360 can now be combined into a single customer journey analytics dashboard in Marketing Cloud, enabling marketers to analyze cross-channel insights in one place.
- With an integration available in beta in Q3 2018, marketers will be able to create audiences — like category buyers, loyalty members and abandoned browsers — in Analytics 360 and then activate those audiences for engagement within Marketing Cloud.
- Similarly, Marketing Cloud campaign data is now available within Analytics 360 to deliver tailored web content to individuals based on their interactions with Marketing Cloud campaigns. This also enables marketers to better understand marketing attribution by seeing how their content has influenced transactions.
New Marketing Cloud Einstein innovations for building new audiences and creating personalized Customer Journeys
Salesforce Einstein is artificial intelligence for CRM, built into the Salesforce Platform. Einstein now delivers nearly two billion predictions every day, empowering business users to be more productive, make smarter decisions and deliver more personalized customer experiences. With Marketing Cloud Einstein, marketers can predict the optimal timing, channel, content and audience for any marketing message.
The latest Marketing Cloud Einstein innovations include:
- Einstein Segmentation: Leveraging machine learning and pattern analysis, Einstein Segmentation, part of the Salesforce data management platform (DMP), analyzes billions of consumer signals, uncovers patterns in consumer behavior and discovers new audiences to reach with personalized messages. Now, marketers will be able to use AI to build the most relevant audience for every campaign.
- Einstein Splits: Einstein Splits enables marketers to create unique, personalized journey paths for each customer. Now, marketers can save time with pre-configured decision splits based on Einstein engagement likelihood scores. They can also drag-and-drop Einstein Split decision flows in Marketing Cloud Journey Builder to test different journey paths and message tactics based on a customer’s likelihood to open, click or unsubscribe from an email; convert on a brand’s website; or their engagement persona, such as a loyalist or dormant customer.
New product innovations enable intelligent customer engagement across every touchpoint
New marketing, commerce and service innovations across the Salesforce Customer Success Platform empower companies to personalize experiences that put the customer at the center of their business, including:
- Commerce Cloud B2B Commerce: B2B Commerce delivers consumer-like shopping experiences to business buyers, but with the B2B-specific funconality they need - such as custom catalogs, authenticated logins, one-click reordering for large orders, multiple shipping locations and payment types, and the ability to place orders with hundreds or thousands of SKUs.
- Marketing Cloud Interaction Studio: Interaction Studio enables companies to visualize, analyze and deliver contextually relevant experiences to consumers - such as e.g. offers, promotions, discounts across a brand’s owned online and offline channels, including email, social, mobile and in-store. With real-time interaction management, Interaction Studio suggests the next best offer for consumers based on how they are interacting with the brand.
- Service Cloud LiveMessage: LiveMessage is expanding SMS support globally to 17 additional countries in APAC, EMEA and Latin America, including Since and Brazil. LiveMessage enables companies to communicate with customers through two-way mobile messaging. Customers can message a brand to ask a question, initiate a return or schedule a delivery time. With the newly expanded global availability for SMS, customer service teams can message with customers located in other countries around the world, regardless of carrier or device manufacturer, using a local number.
The future of CRM: Integrated Cross-Cloud Experiences
Seventy percent of consumers say connected processes—such as seamless handoffs between departments and channels, or contextualized engagement based on earlier interactions—are very important to win their business. Sales, service, marketing and commerce teams that have traditionally concerned themselves only with one part of the customer journey must now consider every customer touchpoint.
At Connections, Salesforce is introducing new ways to integrate Salesforce Clouds to deliver the seamless cross-channel experiences that consumers want:
- Service for Commerce: New levels of integration between Service Cloud and Commerce Cloud will increase customer satisfaction and enable customer service to become more agile. For example, service agents can access real-time commerce data within a single Service Cloud console, including up-to-date shopper data and order-on-behalf-of capabilities that unlock selling opportunities.
- Commerce Journeys: By bringing together Marketing Cloud and Commerce Cloud, marketers and merchandisers will be able to trigger transactional and behavioral journeys based on customer actions, such as abandoning a shopping cart, confirming an account or making a purchase.