In March 2021, the omnichannel customer engagement leader Emarsys, that joined the SAP family half a year earlier, announced several new features to its platform that help brands around the world deliver one-to-one personalized experiences on any channel with predictable and profitable outcomes.
The updates enhanced the platform’s personalization capabilities further by making it easier for marketers to capitalize on real-time customer behavior data, while at the same time improving omnichannel execution agility. Prior to the launch, marketers had to use two separate modules for omnichannel automation — one for lifecycle- and product-driven campaigns and another for real-time customer data-driven campaigns. Now, with both features accessible within the automation center, marketers can respond to customer behavior in real time more easily and automate personalized omnichannel campaigns from a single place with a consistent editing experience. Execution agility could be improved that way, as well as ensured that customers receive the right message on the right channel at the right time.
Emarsys introduced a “mobile inbox” feature as well, which embeds directly within a brand’s app and ensures that marketers can send one-to-one personalized offers, promotions, and messages to customers anytime. Its goal is to strengthen customer loyalty and profitability in the long run, the web push notifications that work via a consumer’s desktop browser to deliver personalized notifications on a one-to-one basis, unlocking more revenue from real-time use cases and to amplify omnichannel retention programs.
Since the complexity in marketing technology continues to rise, Omer Sharon, CPO at Emarsys, explains, “marketing platforms keep adding more and more features and capabilities but are missing the real challenge of our industry, which is not how many features you have, but rather how many of your features are adopted by its users”. But without adoption, the product can’t help its user in solving problems and creating value. Last month, the company added more than 40 new tools and functionalities to help marketers respond to the changing behaviors of their customers.
The fact is that by rapidly aligning desired business results with proven omnichannel customer engagement strategies, crowdsourced from leading brands across your industry, Emarsys’ platform delivers superior one-on-one experiences and produces measurable results quickly.
Marketers are rapidly shifting between acquisition, conversion, and retention, and business leaders are increasingly conscious of the impact that marketing can have on accelerating business outcomes. This is making organizations eager to respond more quickly and effectively to customer demands while mastering more engagement channels to communicate with consumers.
Emarsys’ 33,000 active users are already being saved an average 35 working days a year through the platform, the company states, and are now able to rely on more tools for improved personalization and strategic outreach.
1. New features have been introduced to help marketers deliver true 1:1 personalization through Emarsys’ artificial intelligence (AI):
- A new marketer-friendly user interface (UI), streamlined to allow the creation of complex customer segments in just ten minutes, down from 45 minutes, through a single page.
- A new hero feature that allows marketers to use their own set of business rules on top of AI to deliver the optimal product recommendation, meeting both customer’s expectation for relevant recommendations, and the business needs to reduce the weeks coverage of specific products.
- Customers can deliver campaigns in multiple languages and localized recommendations that match their market preferences.
2. New tactics are now at the disposal of ecommerce and retail marketers, including:
- New in Stock and Low in Stock, with sophisticated use cases providing a prebuilt solution that doesn’t require IT support to activate.
- Refer-a-friend programs are now a win-win for all – the loyal customer, the friend referred and the business.
3. Mobile marketing received a full makeover:
- Flutter plugin support, allowing organizations to create an app for both iOS and Android operating systems (OS) without the huge cost and time-sink of OS-specific design.
- Multimedia Messaging Service (MMS) delivers personalized, enhanced messages to customers.
- In-app and inbox improvements to better highlight these communications.
4. Web functionality has also received a makeover:
- In-session cross-selling and upselling has been drastically enhanced, enabling more specific personalization of offers for customers.
- New features have been added to tailor web channel engagement, ensuring a consistently bespoke approach no matter how the customer reaches the website.
Specific features aside, Emarsys has also enhanced the platform’s ability to provide audience and campaign insights, which can help marketers prioritize actions that will deliver the best business outcomes. With the new audience filtering and revenue impact feature, marketers can now see in specific detail how different customer lifecycle segments respond to different campaigns delivered on different channels – and crucially, which campaigns and which channels deliver the most revenue.
By Daniela La Marca