- Category: June 2018 - Mobile & Video Marketing
By 2025, the number of global mobile internet users is predicted to expand by more than 50%, making it crucial to understand and meet the specific needs of this massive wave of new mobile users, Yahoo Mail said in one of its recent press releases when introducing its new mobile web experience and a new app optimized for Android Go phones. Regardless of device, location, storage capacity, or network speeds, the same first-class Yahoo Mail experience can now be provided
In order to deliver a beautiful, high-quality Yahoo Mail experience no matter where you are in the world, it was critical for yahoo Mail to make the mobile browser experience extremely fast as well as significantly improving current features.
Difference between the old and new is striking
The new, enhanced mobile browser experience shares many of the same features as the top-rated Yahoo Mail app with the added benefit of freeing up space, including to:
- Swipe through your inbox: The ability to take actions on emails quickly and easily by swiping right to ‘mark as read’ and left to ‘delete’.
- Never hunt for an email address: Auto-suggest your most frequent email addresses when you type the first few letters, so sending an email is faster than ever.
- Infinite scrolling inbox: Scroll all the way down your inbox without having to hit “next” to see more emails.
- Take quick action on emails: Easily delete, forward, reply and do more from the easy access toolbar once you open a message.
- Customizour look and feel: New color themes with light and dark backgrounds that allow you to personalize your inbox.
- Get organized easily with folders: Beautiful sidebar menu with folders for easy organization.
For convenience, you can add an icon to your home screen that links directly to the Yahoo Mail mobile browser experience. By introducing smooth transitions, an updated design, modern fonts, and native-like interaction animations, Yahoo Mail mobile browser takes what users love about app experiences and brings it to the web. If you’re already familiar with the app, using Yahoo Mail in your mobile browser will feel virtually indistinguishable, letting you jump right in without missing a beat.
In addition to the dramatic feature and design updates, what’s changed for Yahoo Mail on mobile browser behind the scenes is equally as notable. The architecture supporting the new browser experience is the same as Yahoo’s modern desktop tech stack, which is developed on React and Redux.
- The enhanced version uses AJAX. The basic version uses form submit for all user actions.
- In the enhanced version, there are no reloads – all actions (e.g., deleting, marking as read, marking as spam, emptying trash) are instant. The basic version reloads the page on every interaction.
- The enhanced version is a fully interactive app-like experience. The basic version has limited interactivity.
Whenever you launch Yahoo mobile web, your inbox will automatically access the most current code base, making sure that you’ll always have the latest and greatest experience.
Yahoo Mail optimized for the new Android Go devices
But the new mobile browser experience is just one part, since Yahoo Mail also announced the new Android Go devices that manages to keep the RAM usage on devices below 50MB and the install size below 10MB, without compromising on performance – the Go app uses the exact same architecture as the standard Yahoo Mail app.
If you have a phone with the Android Oreo (Go edition) operating system and would like to download Yahoo Mail Go, follow this link.