Brightcove, a leading provider of cloud services for video, announced a series of product enhancements and technology innovations for its industry-leading video platform, and gave a sneak peek of its upcoming roadmap for the remainder of the year, at its annual conference PLAY 2016.
The following products and enhancements were announced:
- Content Marketplace. Media companies can now expand their content libraries and create incremental revenue streams through a new content marketplace integrated into Video Cloud. This functionality is delivered through a partnership with Vemba, a next generation video distribution and content discovery platform for premium publishers, and available to Brightcove’s enterprise media customers later this quarter.
- Content Recommendations and Discovery. Brightcove customers can now easily provide their viewers with personalized programming to grow audiences and increase engagement through a new partnership between Brightcove and IRIS.TV.
- 360 Video Support. The Brightcove Player now features support for 360 video. The feature is available now in beta for desktop browsers including Chrome, Firefox, Edge, and IE 11/Windows 8.1.
- OTT Flow Powered By Accedo. A turnkey OTT solution for media companies and content owners everywhere, OTT Flow enables customers to rapidly deploy high-quality, direct-to-consumer, live and on-demand video services across platforms with no up front development costs.
- Enhanced Marketing Automation Platform Capabilities. Brightcove Audience, already the best way to inform video marketing campaigns driven by Oracle Eloqua or Marketo, has added a Salesforce integration that alerts sales teams about the viewership behavior of individual prospects and customers. In addition, Brightcove Audience now enhances marketers’ ability to drive conversion and ROI from their video marketing initiatives by delivering new custom forms with call-to-action capabilities.
- Zencoder UHD Support. Zencoder now provides media companies with the ability to deliver 4K UHD content to devices of all types by adding support for UHD features such as the HEVC and VP9 video codecs, 10-bit color workflows and the wide gamut BT.2020 color space.
Brightcove also used the stage at PLAY to outline and demo some of its roadmap for the remainder of the year. The company previewed:
- Social Media Distribution. A single mission control dashboard will further extend Video Cloud’s capabilities to social networks. Customers will be able to manage the publication of videos and metadata to social media properties including Facebook, Twitter and YouTube. The new module gives social media managers control of scheduling, calls-to-action, and viewership analytics across videos on social media platforms as well as their own properties. It adds advanced features to enable clipping and editing of videos to optimize the experience for each social channel.
- Brightcove Gallery Enhancements. Customers will be able to create richer video experiences by adding YouTube video playlists into Brightcove Gallery, driving more engagement and time on site.
- Quality of Experience Reporting. Playback quality metrics including start times, error and re-buffering rates, rendition switches and bit rates across devices, geographies, and players will allow organizations to monitor, analyze, and optimize their viewers’ actual video experiences.
- Next Generation Media Delivery Platform. New delivery technology will provide customers with simpler, faster, less expensive, and future-proofed ways to reach an ever-changing array of devices, deliver premium rights managed content, and enjoy greater choice of content delivery networks.
- Next Generation Brightcove Live. A re-architecting of Brightcove’s live streaming technology will simplify operations, add secure streams, and deliver new clipping and distribution capabilities.
‘Brightcove’s video technology is already best of breed’, David Mendels, CEO, Brightcove highlighted, and the exciting new product enhancements clearly extend the company’s market leadership.