- Category: January 2012 - Marketing Trends 2012
TomTom, a global supplier of location and navigation products/services, just started to promote its latest version 1.10 of the TomTom App for iPhone and iPad that will be available within Q1 2012.The new version includes TomTom navigation with Facebook and Twitter, allowing users to navigate to friends, places and events more easily. Customers who already have the App will be able to download the new features for free.
The TomTom App for iPhone and iPad will be the first to use social networks as a source for turn-by-turn navigation. It can automatically plan routes based on information from Facebook events, places and friends. Drivers can also use the App to share their destination and arrival time on Twitter, Facebook, by email and SMS. “According to studies, as the vast majority of iPhone users manage Facebook on their iPhone,” Corinne Vigreux, Managing Director Consumer at TomTom said, “it just became natural to integrate Facebook features into the TomTom App.”
So far the TomTom App for iPhone/iPad offers drivers:
- The latest, most accurate maps available – with no need for a mobile signal or data plan;
- Free daily map changes from the TomTom community through Map Share;
- Reliable arrival times at all times of the day with IQ Routes;
- Real-time camera alerts via TomTom Speed Cameras;
- A powerful search with Google and Facebook;
- Clear turn-by-turn guidance while on the phone thanks to iOS Multitasking support;
- Seamless integration with contacts, photos, music, email and calendar.
Now, TomTom has added:
- Facebook places, events and friends as a source of turn-by-turn navigation;
- Enabling drivers to share their destination and arrival time on Twitter, Facebook, by email and SMS text.