During the past year, Ogilvy Thailand has enjoyed remarkable recognitions on several international stages, and has recently been ranked as Asia’s Top 3 Creative Agency of the Decade in 2020 Cannes Lions Creativity Report. This is all thanks to the dedication of the people and the strategic approach of data x creativity x technology that have continuously powered the company’s business success. Ogilvy Thailand therefore takes this opportunity to recognize its talents who will continue to lead the mission of transforming clients’ businesses towards Modern Marketing.
The new ‘power team’ consists of two newly promoted Executive Creative Directors – Gumpon Laksanajinda and Prasert Vijitpawan - who will join the other two ECDs namely Torpun Lersin and Andrew Chu in ensuring that creativity is integrated into the end-to-end of clients’ businesses to generate real growth.
Gumpon, Prasert, Torpun, and Andrew have rich experiences and knowledge in various industries - from FMCG, Food, Retail, Automobile, Banking, Telecom, to Property and Energy. Throughout their careers with Ogilvy Thailand, they have earned the company numerous local and international awards and accolades, notably Cannes Lions, D&AD, One Show, London International Awards, Spikes Asia, and ADFEST. Together, they have set the new standards for the creative industry, not just in Thailand but globally, with their skillful integration of creativity into every touch point of the customer journey to drive business results. Each a highly regarded creative veteran in their own right, the four Executive Creative Directors will use their combined strengths across industries and platforms to create groundbreaking innovations and solutions that will transform clients’ businesses towards the future.
AnyMind Group announced a partnership with the ITC company Dai Viet Group (DVG) for limitless automotive media solutions.
Through its AutoPortal Global (AP Global) group, Dai Viet Group (DVG), hosts a massive automotive portal network across the globe, focusing on a comprehensive Automotive Listing Platform, ushering in an up-to-date Automotive News Hub, and building an interactive Automotive Community Network.
The partnership between DVG and AnyMind Group ushers in the mutual use of technology from both companies. Through this alliance, both companies aim to optimize both their ecosystems and marketing tech solutions, allowing brands and businesses to approach buyers seamlessly and effectively throughout their online car shopping experience.
AP Global’s group of online automotive portals will use AnyMind Group’s AdAsia360 platform – a monetization platform that enables online publishers to consolidate, manage, and track their revenue streams across multiple supply-side platforms and ad networks. It also provides publishers with features such as AdAsia Tag Service, header bidding, integration with Google Analytics, automated pricing optimization, third-party ad verification, visibility, and brand safety tools.
AnyMind Group will also provide resources from its CastingAsia Creators Network to optimize AP Global’s owned social media channels. This includes incubating and grooming AP Global’s in-house talents, including those featured on its YouTube channels, further growing its social media presence through training, content production support, collaboration opportunities, and social media monetization.
ConnecTechAsia concluded last week after three days of insightful conference sessions and exhibitions on the latest solutions and trends empowering the digital economy. According to the organizer, more than 6800 attendees participated in the first fully virtual iteration of the event that featured some 200 conference sessions, 280+ speakers and 323 exhibitors.
One of the highlights of the event, the inaugural CommunicAsia Awards, recognised innovation and achievement across global service providers.
The virtual award ceremony was held on 30 September and featured winners in the categories of:
- Best RAN Technology, won by Huawei Technologies with their Massive MIMO Enabling Superior 5G Experience.
- Most Innovative 5G Trial in APAC, taken by the Faculty of Medicine Siriraj Hospital of Thailand for their implementation of 5G to build a secure, reliable and smart 5G Hospital in Thailand.
- Telecom Service Innovation in Response to COVID-19, awarded to Robi Axiata for their Crisis Igniting Innovation Project.
- Most Significant Contribution to Edge Computing, saw SK Telecom taking it with their multi-cloud supported 5G edge platform and services.
36 start-ups also took part in the first edition of Elevating Founders Asia, the flagship start-up event of ConnecTechAsia.
After two days of pitch-offs, the winners for the various verticals were:
- Overall Winner/Smart Cities - Dot Incorporation was crowned overall winner as they reinvent accessibility with their Dot Watch, an accumulation of their work in the field of assistive technology.
- HealthTech - Ostique, a female, mission-led team, developing innovative ostomy devices combining advanced functionality with customisable aesthetics to improve patients' quality of life.
- FinTech - Merkle Science with their blockchain transaction monitoring and intelligence solutions to detect, investigate and prevent the illicit use of cryptocurrencies.
- EdTech - Akadasia, a Singapore-based mission-driven EdTech business that aims to democratise education for all by empowering educators with the skills and the technology to teach.
- Tech for Good - Uniphage topped this category as a biotechnology company aiming to solve the problem of bacterial and fungal diseases worldwide starting with the agricultural sector.
- RetailTech - DamoGO, an all-in-one mobile app offering a platform that connects restaurant, bakery and other store owners selling surplus food to consumers seeking convenient quality meals at discounted prices.
Spread across four main virtual exhibition halls and 12 international group pavilions, 323 companies showcased their latest innovations and solutions and connected with attendees through videos, online chat and live presentations. Content from the virtual ConnecTechAsia2020 will be available here till 1 June 2021, more details on next year's event will be announced in due course.
Shopee and Visa sign five-year strategic partnership to unlock new growth opportunities for Southeast Asia's digital economy.
Shopee users will benefit by being able to pay with an ease of mind using Visa and enjoy additional promotions and rewards.
This partnership is part of Shopee’s mission to better the lives of individuals and businesses through technology, which increasingly includes digital payments.
As part of the regional agreement, Shopee and Visa will partner to
- Incentivize MSMEs to digitalize their business on Shopee and adopt digital payments through Visa
- Provide MSMEs with marketing and campaign support to drive awareness, traffic, and sales to online stores
- Launch co-branded credit cards in collaboration with local banks
- Offer fast, easy, and secure Visa payments to all Shopee users
- Create unique experiences for Shopee users through Visa’s exclusive sponsorship platforms
Shopee will be able to provide shoppers and merchants with greater value, convenience, and security through Visa, making it easier to do business and increase sales.
Visa will tap on Shopee’s extensive user base to expand its presence with Southeast Asia MSMEs and online shoppers.
Over the next few months, Shopee and Visa will also launch co-branded credit cards across selected markets in partnership with local banks. It will offer shoppers integrated and seamless rewards and allow Visa to reach more local consumers. In Malaysia, the Maybank Shopee Credit Card was launched in June 2020 and was well received by Malaysians with overwhelming response in the first few days of launch.
The partnership will also see Shopee deepen its relationship with CyberSource, Visa’s full-service payment management platform, to support transaction processing and fraud detection and ensure a smooth and frictionless online shopping experience.
Bridgestone Asia Pacific has won two awards at the 12th Annual Global CSR Awards 2020, in line with its global CSR commitment ‘Our Way to Serve’, where the company continually works towards a securing a sustainable society and helping ensure a healthy environment for current and future generations.
- Bridgestone Asia Pacific clinched Platinum – the highest honor for CSR Leadership – for its various ongoing initiatives to raise awareness and support the research and prevention of cancer across China and Asia Pacific region.
- Bridgestone Vietnam, a group company of Bridgestone Asia Pacific, also won Gold Award for Best Community Program for its “Bridgestone Squad – Complete Safety for Children in 2019” campaign which focuses on improving access to education, increasing employment opportunities as well as promoting traffic safety through education.
This is the third consecutive year that Bridgestone Asia Pacific and its group companies are being recognized for its CSR initiatives at the Global CSR Awards organized by The Pinnacle Group International. The Global CSR Awards is one of Asia’s most prominent CSR Awards that recognizes innovative and outstanding CSR programs that demonstrate the company’s leadership and commitment towards being ethical and respectful towards individuals, communities and environment in the way they do business. The entries are considered by a panel of judges made up of internationally recognized professionals from various industries and disciplines that were selected to ensure a fair and objective review process.
Southeast Asia is on track to becoming the fourth-largest economy by 2030, with an increasing percentage of GDP driven by the digital economy. The Southeast Asia internet economy is expected to reach $300 billion by 2025 with e-commerce being the biggest sector and driver of growth. The Southeast Asian e- commerce market is estimated to be worth $150 billion by 2025, up from $38 billion in 2018. An increasingly tech-savvy population, rising middle class and the accelerated shift towards online services will further fuel the e-commerce industry. In 2015, 49 million people bought or sold items online, and by 2019, that number tripled to 150 million. With more than 70% of the region’s adult population being unbanked or underbanked2, adopting digital payments will enable them to participate in the digital economy.
Ruud Wanck is Candid’s new CEO, one of the largest independent marketing and advertising platforms in the Netherlands.
Ruud held several global leadership positions at GroupM over the past years, working from Amsterdam, London, and New York. His career involved a number of roles, from Chairman in the Benelux, Chief Digital Officer for EMEA, Global Digital COO to Global CEO at GroupM Connect, where he headed thousands of digital experts working across 60 countries in the field of marketing, data and technology. Three years ago, he co-founded an investment company participating in various start-ups and scale-ups. He will stay on as a co-founder in addition to his role as CEO at Candid where he has also joined as a partner.
CEO and founder Gérard Ghazarian will be leading the new board of directors and focus on Candid’s merger and acquisition strategy (M&A).
Due to several acquisitions - such as media agencies Stroom, M2Media, the Digital Agency Group, including digital media, data and advertising agencies like Online Company, Havana Harbour and 6Circles, daily dialogues and XXS, Candid grew rapidly.