- Category: August 2014 - Content Marketing
Users are more likely to remain loyal to a brand, if you provide a good selection of relevant and high quality content tend, rather than when purely sending advertising content. Posts can contain both text and images, infographics, audio and video documents etc.
Companies should occupy niches suitable for them or even develop them themselves in order to arouse interest and to serve the market with unique and relevant information. Therefore, good research is the key to produce the best content for your corporate blog and in order not to drown in the masses of other similar content. When developing the blog, the product or service should only be indirectly referred to, even though the purchase intention remains in the background.
Once the blog content has been created, you can begin with the distribution into other channels. The content should reach the potential customers on as many channels as possible. Through social networks or topics portals, the blog can then ideally even go viral. In order to achieve a high recognition value, it is necessary to provide regular, multi-channel content, personalization as well as insights into the company.
Useful tips for managing a corporate blog:
- Find the right content strategy: In addition to a clear agenda you need to develop a continuous topic plan, as well as a proper content strategy. Believe me, the reader can easily sense a good strategy, as it is easier for him to find his way through your topics world. Without a clear content plan it is difficult both for the sender as well as for the reader to benefit from a blog.
- Take blogging seriously: A blog is there to achieve long-term success - and that translates into a lot of planning and hard work. Both consumers and B2B decision makers rely on search engines as their first step on their search for interesting and relevant information and solutions. The visibility of your own issues and services, through a good corporate or topics blog, can help you immensely.
- Every blog contribution counts: The search engines evaluate each contribution individually, therefore, you should know exactly what your goal is with each blog entry. Make sure your text has structure and content. This is the only way you can score at your target audience with every post. Keep in mind that blog posts often occupy the top places on Google and Co, if they provide the reader with relevant and genuine added value.
- Take your time: Good things come to those who wait - this also applies to blogging. The first articles of a blog are usually only detected by very few readers. Promote your blog on Facebook and other channels to get more readers over time and to potentially get the content go virally.
- React to comments: Comments from the users are not a necessary evil, but a good way to engage in dialogue with your readers’ blogging. Pay attention to maintaining a reasonable deadline to reply. Monitor reader reactions, so you respond adequately and promptly.
- Create links: For readers searching for further information in your blog, links within the text are a good service. If you link to other sources, you can also hope for appropriate back links by other blogs, on Facebook or Twitter. Of course, links to other posts on your own blog are always good.
I hope that these few tips help you in further developing or starting your own blog successfully.
By Roger Stadler