Sophos just announced its new approach to data protection with the latest release of SafeGuard Encryption.
Enabling wide-scale adoption, Sophos is addressing the two biggest issues in encryption, performance and usability, by leveraging native operating system (OS) encryption for better performance, and delivering multi-platform management across all devices and Cloud environments.
“We’re pleased to deliver SafeGuard Encryption 6.1 with a different approach that enables people to work the way they want for new levels of productivity, without sacrificing time, performance or features,” said Dan Schiappa, Senior Vice President and General Manager, EndUser Protection Group, Sophos. “We enable organizations to fully embrace a data-centric approach to encryption, to reach compliance standards, and to maintain credibility and good standing in today’s market.”
As a matter of fact, Sophos offers native device encryption, cloud, mobile, removable and file share encryption in one centrally managed solution, providing unmatched security, performance, and an intuitive user experience.
- Ensures productivity by securing sensitive data wherever it is stored: laptops, USB devices, network shares or even in the cloud;
- Manages all devices in the organization from one place, including hard disks encrypted with BitLocker or FileVault 2 and Opal self-encrypting drives;
- Uses the latest processor technology to make sure that encrypted machines are faster than ever;
- Makes regulatory compliance easier with policy enforcement and reporting;
- Provides key management that lets authorized users share data securely and easily;
- Save time using the central console for data protection policy definition and management.
Unmatched performance and usability:
- Performance: With Sophos SafeGuard managing Microsoft BitLocker for Windows or Mac FileVault 2, the time required to encrypt a disk and boot up the operating system is greatly reduced, as compared to third party encryption engines. Disk encryption time is up to seven times faster and boot times are up to three times faster.
- Usability: The latest version of Sophos SafeGuard also solves the major challenge of managing encryption across multiple platforms, devices, and cloud environments. Users and IT staff are now able to share data safely between Windows, Mac and mobile devices – securing data wherever it lives and wherever it is sent. Managing multiple devices no longer means managing multiple consoles, and enables IT to fully embrace encryption, as organizations use a multitude of devices and platforms to support their users.
The Sophos encryption approach enables users to safely work the way they need to – sharing files between users, partners and customers via the cloud and the devices they use. For example, a Windows user can store data in a cloud storage system, and a partner on a Mac system can access and edit the content from their laptop or review it on their mobile device – fully encrypted and accessible only by intended users.
“Given today’s propensity for data to move outside of corporate owned devices and the data lifecycle lasting far beyond that of any laptop or smart phone, the need for a data first encryption mentality seems obvious,” said Charles Kolodgy, Research Vice President, Security, IDC. “Sophos’ SafeGuard Encryption is a promising addition to the encryption market and offers organizations a unique approach to getting encryption right.”
Award-winning encryption and data protection solution
Sophos SafeGuard Enterprise is already protecting millions:
- Using internationally recognized encryption standards for full hard-disk encryption;
- Allowing multiple users to share encrypted computers without sharing their passwords;
- Encrypting data in the background so that protection doesn’t impact your users;
- Offering a fast initial encryption option that encrypts only the parts of your hard drives with data, saving you significant time when encrypting large disks;
- Blocking unauthorized users from reading lost or stolen media;
- Ensuring fast and secure authentication, using biometric fingerprint and cryptographic token support;
- And being quicker than ever with support for new generation i5 and i7 Intel processors.