Horangi Cyber Security announced that Alex Tran has been appointed Vice President of Marketing.
In his new role, Alex will help Horangi expand its reach into new markets and product pipeline with new offerings that will allow clients to strengthen their security capabilities as well as their environment.
Prior to Horangi, Alex led the Marketing Technology and Operations team at Grab, where he was responsible for launching business functions and products on both the transportation and payments side, driving usage and building revenue for the company. This included spearheading GrabRewards, the largest loyalty and payments rewards program in Southeast Asia. He led the revamp of Grab’s messaging, promo and data collection technology to better personalize user experience. Prior to Grab, Alex worked with e-commerce company Luxola, which was acquired by LVMH (Sephora).
Horangi will be scaling up their products with support from Tran with a vision of monthly product releases to enable clients to close the widening gap of resources and manpower required to better secure their products, as well as their environment.
Zendesk, Inc. announced that qualifying startups can now get The Zendesk Suite free for one year, giving growing companies the ability to build the best customer experiences into their businesses from the beginning.
With today’s rapidly changing customer expectations, startups need access to flexible, easy to implement technology that can scale with their business. Since first introducing a free year of Zendesk for startups in 2013, the company has helped thousands of companies to put the customer experience at the center of their business.
Learn more about Zendesk for Startups and apply for the program here: www.zendesk.com/startups.
Equinix, Inc., the global interconnection and data center company, announced that its Board of Directors has appointed Charles Meyers to the position of President and Chief Executive Officer, effective immediately. Meyers will also join Equinix’s Board of Directors.
Meyers has a distinguished 25-year career in the technology industry, including a number of executive leadership positions at leading telecommunications and information technology companies. He joined Equinix in 2010 as President, Americas, leading the company’s largest operating region through a time of significant growth and strong operating performance. In 2013, he was appointed Chief Operating Officer at Equinix, where he spearheaded the company’s drive for global consistency, leading the Global Sales, Marketing, Operations and Customer Success teams. For the past year, he has served as President of Strategy, Services and Innovation (SSI), where he oversaw product organization and led the technology, strategy and business development teams, driving the company’s next phase of growth, and focusing on the future needs of customers and partners.
He succeeds Peter Van Camp, who has served as interim CEO since January 2018. Van Camp will resume his role as Executive Chairman of the Equinix Board of Directors.
SolarWinds—a leading provider of powerful and affordable IT management software—introduced Sascha Giese as the newest member of the company’s Head Geek™ team.
Giese is currently based in the SolarWinds’ Europe, Middle East, and Africa (EMEA) headquarters in Cork, Ireland and brings a plethora of industry experience to the team, including:
• Technical certifications, including being a Cisco® Certified Network Associate (CCNA®), Cisco Certified Design Associate (CCDA), Microsoft® Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA), VMware
- Technical Sales Professional (VTSP), AWS® Certified Cloud Practitioner, and a SolarWinds Certified Professional® (SCP). • More than 10 years of technical IT experience, four of which have been as a senior pre-sales engineer at SolarWinds.
- A close working relationship with business account management and partner enablement teams. Giese has been responsible for product training SolarWinds channel partners and customers in EMEA, with a focus on the DACH (Germany, Austria, and Switzerland) region.
- Regular participation in the annual SolarWinds Partner Summit EMEA, and contribution to the company’s professional certification program, SCP.
SolarWinds Head Geeks™ bring over 120 collective years of real-world expertise and renowned industry credentials to provide the tech pro community with perspectives, advice, and discussion on the latest trends and challenges in technology. They are experts in all areas of IT, including cloud, DevOps, enterprise, hybrid IT, security, networking, database, virtualization, and more.
Head Geeks engage with technology pros on THWACK®, the SolarWinds community forum; on the Orange Matter™ and Geek Speak™ blogs; in-person at events, including conferences, trade shows, and SolarWinds User Groups™; and in monthly SolarWinds Lab™ sessions, where they provide advanced technical training. They also participate regularly on various IT forums, including myITforum®, windows-noob.com, Stack Overflow™, and Spiceworks®. The Head Geeks are
- Leon Adato, a CCNA, Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE), and SolarWinds Certified Professional. His 25 years of network and systems management and monitoring experience spans the financial, healthcare, food and beverage, and other industries.
- Destiny Bertucci, who holds a broad array of certifications and degrees, such as CCNA, (ISC)² Methodologies, CompTIA® IT Operations Specialist (CIOS), CompTIA Secure Infrastructure Specialist (CSIS), INFOSEC, database development degree, BS IT Security, and SolarWinds Certified Professional. In her 16 years as a network manager, she has worked in healthcare, federal, and application engineering, which allowed her to be a successful SolarWinds senior application engineer for over nine years.
- Patrick Hubbard boasts over 20 years of hands-on experience, spanning software development, operations, applications, networks, virtualization, cloud, and more. Today, he’s helping enterprise and cloud-native teams move past DevOps hype and rationally integrate real development and operations techniques to keep businesses going forward.
- Thomas LaRock has more than 20 years of IT experience, holding roles such as programmer, developer, analyst, and database administrator. He is a Microsoft Certified Master, VMware® vExpert™, Microsoft Certified Trainer, and 10-time Microsoft Data Platform MVP.
AnyMind Group announced its expansion into the Philippines, with an office in Manila, and appointment of Country Manager for the Philippines.
This will be the 29-month-old startup’s 13th office in 11 markets across Asia, including a product development center in Vietnam. The move looks to provide existing and future clients with greater support, and AnyMind Group will further localize its solutions for the market.
AdAsia Holdings is currently providing revenue opportunities to over 30 publishers in the Philippines through the AdAsia Digital Platform for Publishers and AdAsia Premium Marketplace, whilst CastingAsia already has robust influencer marketing campaigns running on the platform. The AdAsia Digital Platform for Advertisers, a platform for advertisers to manage their activities through a single dashboard, will be rolled out, and the TalentMind platform will be further localized to meet the needs of human resource professionals in the Philippines.
Phuong Nguyen, Country Manager for Vietnam, AnyMind Group, has been appointed to lead the company’s operations in the Philippines, and is now Country Manager for Vietnam and the Philippines. He has a convincing proven track record with AnyMind,since he grew the company’s operations in Vietnam to almost 100 staff and increased business success across all three businesses.