Appier just published its latest Cross-Screen User Behavior Research Report that provides insights into how users interact with PCs, smartphones and tablets, and their engagement across different devices.
Founded in 2012, Appier is a technology company offering next generation cross-screen marketing solutions to advertisers across the globe, passionate about making advertisement the preferred content that connects businesses and users.
Chih-Han Yu, Appier co-founder and CEO points out: "At Appier, we leverage the power of Artificial Intelligence and big data to provide consumer insights for marketers to develop their customized marketing campaigns. This report demonstrates the complexity of user behaviors across multiple devices. Without intelligent data analysis, it's difficult for marketers to predict their target audiences' user behaviors in this multi-screen era."
The following are key findings for Southeast Asian markets, including Indonesia, Malaysia, Singapore, and Vietnam:
• Insight on cross-screen user behavior is becoming increasingly important.
- In Singapore, 46% of multi-device users (people who own more than two devices) own three or more devices, higher than Vietnam (40%), Indonesia (37%), and Malaysia (36%).
- Users in Vietnam have highly similar behaviors (74%) across devices, yet only 25% of multi-device users in Singapore have this tendency.
• Usage of multi-device is highly dependent on time of day & day of week.
- PC Usage is higher on the weekdays, while mobile devices usage is higher on the weekends.
- PC usage is higher at work while mobile device usage is higher before and after work.
• Consumer preference for screen size is shifting towards the middle.
- Larger smartphones (>5 inch) and smaller tablets (7-8.9 inch) have increased in Q4.
- Mid-size devices (4-4.8 inch phones & 9.7 inch tablets) still make up for the majority.
• Ad Effects vary based on device types and screen sizes for game, retail, and travel industries.
- Game ads have higher CTR (click-through rate) on small phones (9.7 inch).
- Users click more retail and travel ads on their mobile devices.
The report is based on the data from campaigns Appier was run in 8 markets (Australia, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Japan, Malaysia, Singapore, Taiwan and Vietnam) in the second half of 2014. The quintessence apparently reveals that “not all Asians are the same” and that it’s time to know them respectively.